Sexually Transmitted Diseases


What are sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?

STDs are infectious diseases transmitted through sexual contact. It is estimated that 20 million new cases occur annually in the U.S. Half of the new infections occur in people between the ages of 15 and 24 years.

How can you protect yourself from STDs?

The best way to prevent contracting an STD is to abstain from any type of sexual activity, including oral, vaginal, and anal sex. However, if you decide to become sexually active, or are currently sexually active, there are several precautionary measures to help reduce your risk of developing a sexually transmitted disease. These include the following:
·         Have a mutually monogamous sexual relationship with an uninfected partner.
·         Use (consistently and correctly) a male latex or female polyurethane condom and topical microbicides.
·         Use sterile needles if injecting intravenous drugs.
·         Decrease susceptibility to HIV infections by preventing and controlling other STDs.
·         Delay having sexual relationships as long as possible. The younger a person is when he or she begins to have sex for the first time, the more likely he or she becomes to developing an STD.
·         Have regular checkups for HIV and STDs.
·         Learn the symptoms of STDs and seek medical help as soon as possible if any symptoms develop.
·         Avoid having sexual intercourse during menstruation.
·         Avoid anal intercourse, or use a male latex condom and topical microbicides.
·         Avoid douching.

What to do when diagnosed with an STD?

·         Begin treatment immediately, take the full course of medications, and follow your health care provider's advice.
·         Do not breastfeed a baby or use breast milk to feed a baby if you are HIV positive.
·         Notify all recent sexual partners and urge them to get medical checkups.
·         Avoid sexual activity while under treatment for an STD.
·         Have a follow-up test to be sure the STD has been successfully treated.

What are some common types of STDs?

According to the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases and Centers for Disease Control, common types of STDs include:
·         Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV is a virus that destroys the body's ability to fight off infection. People who have HIV may not look or feel sick for a long time after infection, but if not diagnosed early and treated, will eventually become very susceptible to many life-threatening diseases and to certain forms of cancer. Transmission of the virus most often occurs during sexual activity or by the sharing of needles used to inject intravenous drugs.
·         Human papillomavirus (HPV). HPV is a common sexually transmitted disease. Some types can cause genital warts called condylomas, which can occur on the inside or outside areas of the genitals and may spread to the surrounding skin or to a sexual partner. Many other types of HPV cause no symptoms, so the infection may go undetected. In most cases, the virus goes away and does not cause further health problems. However, if the virus persists, normal cells can change and become abnormal. Women with an HPV infection with high-risk types like HPV 16 and 18 have an increased risk of developing cervical cancer. Regular Pap tests can detect HPV infection, as well as abnormal cervical cells. Two types of HPV vaccines are available to protect girls and women against the types of HPV that cause most cervical cancers. One type also protects against most genital warts in girls and women and also protects boys and men against most genital warts and anal cancers. Although there is treatment for the genital warts (which sometimes go away on their own), the virus remains and warts can reappear. Certain types of HPV can also cause warts on other body parts such as the hands, called common warts; however, these do not generally cause health problems.
·         Chlamydial infections. Chlamydial infections, the most commonly reported STD, can affect both men and women. They may cause an abnormal genital discharge and burning with urination. In women, untreated chlamydial infection may lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Chlamydial infections can be treated with antibiotic therapy. Unfortunately, many people with chlamydial infection have few or no symptoms of infection. The most common and serious complications occur in women and include pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, and infertility. Chlamydia can also be carried in and affect the rectum as well as the genital areas.
·         Gonorrhea. Gonorrhea causes a discharge from the vagina or penis and painful or difficult urination. The most common and serious complications occur in women, and include pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, and infertility. Gonorrhea infections can be treated with antibiotic therapy. Gonorrhea can also be carried in and affect the rectum as well as the genital areas.
·         Genital herpes. Genital herpes infections are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Symptoms may include painful blisters or open sores in the genital area, which may be preceded by a tingling or burning sensation in the legs, buttocks, or genital region. The herpes sores usually disappear within a few weeks, but the virus remains in the body and the lesions may recur from time to time. There is no cure for HSV, but there are antiviral agents to take that can shorten an outbreak and reduce symptoms. HSV can be transmitted from the mouth (if a person has ever had cold sores, also caused by HSV) to the genitals during oral sex. The virus can be transmitted to sexual partners even if there are no visible blisters. This is called asymptomatic shedding. 
·         Syphilis. The initial symptom of syphilis is a painless open sore that usually appears on the penis, in the vagina, or on the skin around either sexual organ. Untreated syphilis may go on to more advanced stages, including a transient rash and, eventually, serious involvement of the heart and central nervous system. Syphilis infections can be treated with antibiotic therapy.
·         Other diseases that may be sexually transmitted include:
·         Bacterial vaginosis
·         Chancroid
·         Cytomegalovirus infections
·         Granuloma inguinale (donovanosis)
·         Lymphogranuloma venereum
·         Molluscum contagiosum
·         Pubic lice
·         Scabies
·         Trichomoniasis
·         Vaginal yeast infections

What are the facts about STDs and teens?

STDs affect men and women of all backgrounds and economic levels. However, nearly half of all STD cases occur in people younger than age 25 in the U.S.
STDs are on the rise, possibly due to more sexually active people who have multiple sex partners during their lives.
Many STDs initially cause no symptoms. In addition, many STD symptoms may be confused with those of other diseases not transmitted through sexual contact--especially in women. Even symptomless STDs can be contagious.
Women suffer more frequent and severe symptoms from STDs:
·         Some STDs can spread into the uterus (womb) and fallopian tubes and cause PID, which can lead to both infertility and ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.
·         STDs in women also may be associated with cervical cancer.
·         STDs can be passed from a mother to her baby before or during birth. Some infections of the newborn may be successfully treated, but others may cause a baby to be permanently disabled or even die.
When diagnosed early, many STDs can be successfully treated.

মন্তব্যসমূহ


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease.Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    উত্তরমুছুন
  2. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    উত্তরমুছুন
  3. So the big question remains how can we cure HIV? Here is the answer Dr Itua Has a cure and he
    saves my life from misery, I will share this round all blogs so all HIV/Aids patent can get cured
    with this Wonderful Man(Dr Itua) Dr Itua cured my HIV and he also Assures me that he can as well cure
    the following diseases HIV/Aids, Infertility, Lottery Spell, Herpes Virus, Love Spell, Epilepsy, Diabetes,
    Hepatitis, and other health problems, drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and after two weeks
    I went to diagnosis then I find out I was cured and healthy like never before, Here is Dr Itua contact if you are
    a sick person. What's app call.+2348149277967 then Mail. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and to everyone suffer from HIV/Herpes those stubborn virus Dr Itua will give your life Back.

    উত্তরমুছুন

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন