Horners syndrome



Definition: (Horner syndrome): Horner syndrome is a rare condition that affects the nerves to the eye and face

Causes: Horner syndrome can be caused by any interruption in a set of nerve fibers that start in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus and travel to the face and eyes.

Sympathetic nerve fiber injuries can result from:
  • Injury to one of the main arteries to the brain (carotid artery)
  • Injury to nerves at the base of the neck called the brachial plexus
  • Migraine or cluster headaches
  • Stroke, tumor, or other damage to a part of the brain called the brainstem
  • Tumor in the top of the lung
Rarely, Horner syndrome may be present at birth (congenital). The condition may occur with a lack of color (pigmentation) of the iris (colored part of the eye).

Symptoms:

  • Decreased sweating on the affected side of the face
  • Drooping eyelid (ptosis)
  • Sinking of the eyeball into the face
  • Small (constricted) pupil (the black part in the center of the eye)
There may also be symptoms of the disorder that is causing the problem.

Exams and Tests:

An eye examination may show:
  • Changes in how the pupil opens or closes
  • Eyelid drooping
  • Red eye
A complete medical and nervous system (neurological) examination can show whether any other parts of the body are affected.
Other tests may include:
You may need to be referred to a doctor who specializes in vision problems related to the nervous system (neuro-ophthalmologist).

Treatment: Treatment depends on the cause of the problem. There is no treatment for Horner syndrome itself.

Prognosis: The outcome depends on whether treatment of the cause is successful.

Complications: There are no direct complications of Horner syndrome itself. However, there may be complications from the disease that caused Horner syndrome or from its treatment.

মন্তব্যসমূহ

  1. Omg I'm so happy to share this!!! I've been thinking I've lost my mind and it was some mental case. I myself had my tubes tied after my 3rd child. I have a condition that makes having babies so hard on my body. About 6 months ago I too would feel something like "kicks" of course I thought I was out right crazy. I never spoke to anyone about what was going through. How could I? They'd think I was nuts!!! Well my periods have been getting so bad that I reached out to my best friend who also had the operation to see if she had experienced any symptoms with her periods since! Of course we were in the same boat. I broke down and told her I almost felt at times I was pregnant I felt so crazy just typing this out to her. I was beyond nervous she would think it was a nut case. To my surprise she also had similar symptoms. We both are researching what this could be. That's when I came across this website on Google of dr Itua Herbal Center. While scrolling through these comments I stumbled upon how he treated HIV/HHerpes also helped a woman to get pregnant with his herbal medicines. When I read what he had been going through I just broke down and cried for the longest time. Finally I got a help that I ever wanted I and my friend purchase Dr Itua herbal medicines and we both used it which was really effective it  cure my cramp issues so I will recommend anyone going through some health issue to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail : drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats-App +2348149277967  He  cure HIV/Aids, Herpes, Cancers, And other stubborn disease make sure someone here talk to someone about this who is going through the same thing as us. Ty for sharing. I now know we're not alone!!!

    উত্তরমুছুন
  2. The ophthalmologist will then use a handheld ultrasonic probe to break up the cloudy lens with suction. A foldable lens is inserted through the incision. Because this technique uses a laser, it heals faster than other techniques. If you want to get more interesting details about eye care services, you may check here.

    উত্তরমুছুন

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন